Scientific research was and still remains to be an alienable element of all-stage university training. Up to 600 teachers and lecturers, about 200 postgraduates and staff as well as students take part in scientific research. Scientific research is principally carried out in the following fields:
- use, conservation and reproduction of forest resources, landscape architecture with the development of optimal technologies of forest use in terms of forest industry intensification;
- new composite materials on the basis of complex and rational use of forest resources and wood products;
- development of rational technology of forest and wood processing industry;
- economy and setting up of automated control systems in various branches of forest complex;
- invention of controlling measuring and computational systems on the basis of integral microelectronics of microprocessors and robotics.